Slice of Life Day 22
I am participating in the twowritingteacher.org Slice of Life Challenge where I write each day for the month of March. This year my three-year old daughter (now 4 year-old) and I are writing collaboratively. Feel free to follow along our month-long writing journey!
Marlowe and I got home from snowshoeing starving today, so after making dinner we hurried upstairs to get writing. I try to start our writing time by saying “What were you thinking about writing today?”
Today she responded with “it’s a surprise!” This is her go to answer to everything lately. I can’t complain though because she had an idea and she got started right away.
As usual, she started drawing hearts but paused and said “Mommy, can you help me stretch out the word IIIIII’MMMMMM THHHHHIIIINNNNKKKIIINNGGGGGGG BBBBOOOOUUUTTTTT YOU?”
Stifling back laughter, I said ” It sounds like you are stretching out those words already. What sounds do you hear?”
Together we got her sentence down and she quietly whispers to me with a smile, “Who do you think I am thinking about?”
I guessed, “Daddy?”
“You and Daddy!” she said with pride.
Marlowe’s writing inspired me to write what I was thinking about today.
- What a beautiful place I have to explore.
- How much longer will I be able to take advantage of the snow and get out cross country skiing and snowshoeing?
- When can I get out our bikes and hit the trails?
- That saag paneer and homemade naan bread dinner my husband and I made together tonight was INCREDIBLY delicious and restaurant quality.
- Marlowe’s writing habits and confidence has changed so much over these past 22 days.
- I miss my students.
- I wonder how my 99 year old Grandmother is doing. She isn’t very good at picking up her phone and no one is allowed to visit her in her nursing home.
- I need more chocolate in my house.
What are you thinking about?